Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Love Me By Christmas
Jaci Burton
The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Audio Review: Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

Silver Borne: Mercy Thompson, Book 5 - Lorelei King, Patricia Briggs

Mercy is back in action in this, the fifth title of the Mercy Thompson Series. This time around, Mercy has multiple issues to worry about. First, her roommate and close friend Samuel seems more depressed than normal, and she's worried that maybe he's giving up. Next, she's trying to adjust to being mated to werewolf alpha, Adam and being part of his pack, part of which doesn't want Mercy around. Finally, it looks like a mischievous fae is causing problems for Mercy and her friends.

Silver Borne is full of intense moments and thrilling story lines. I am pleased that the few issues I had with the previous book were addressed this time around. I adore that Mercy is starting to act conscientiously rather than completely impulsively. She's finally realizing that she's no longer alone and that her family and friends are there to help her out, even when she doesn't ask. Even though it is difficult at times, Mercy is thinking about the repercussions of any actions before she makes her decision. That doesn't mean Mercy has become cautious; she's still a bit reckless!

I also admire how Mercy is dealing with being part of the pack. She's been so scared of how it will change her - afraid it will limit her - that she's missed out on the benefits of belonging. The way she thinks through and acts on some problems within the pack is perfect. I also appreciate how she moves forward with respect to her mating with Adam. I feel their connection much more than in any of the prior books.

The story has some high-impact action scenes that were emotionally gripping. I found myself enjoying the overall story line with the fae much more than any of the prior preternatural story lines. Ms. Briggs strikes a solid balance between action, thoughtful insight, and romance.

The narration by Lorelei King is just jaw-dropping marvelous! I've said it before, but it is worth repeating. This woman has talent! She has dozens of very individualized voices, each perfectly suited to the characters. Whether male or female, young or old, sweet or angry, she makes the book sound like it's being narrated by a dozen actors.

My Rating: A, Loved it!