Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Chasing Destiny (Silver Tip Pack Book 2)
Megan Erickson
The Silver Skull: The Elemental Web Chronicles, Book 2
Henrietta Meire, Anne Renwick, Tantor Audio
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

#Audiobook Review: About Last Night by Ruthie Knox

About Last Night - Ruthie Knox

About Last Night is the emotionally rich love story between perennial screw up, American Cath Talarico and high-bred British banker, Nev Chamberlain. The unlikely pair have an intense and immediate chemistry that they indulge in over and over, but only under a set of strict rules. Cath doesn't want to fall in love, so she keeps Nev at a distance. Nev isn't happy under his mother's rules, but plays her game. What develops between the pair is magical and perfect, yet messy. Their road to happiness is filled with both beautiful and ugly moments, but it's the journey of survivors.

The story is shared from both Cath and Nev's POVs. At first I felt that split between the two was unbalanced, and I wanted more from Nev's POV. However, that apparent discrepancy fell away as I grew into the story - whether there was a better balance later in the book, or not noticeable because the story was so engrossing, I don't know.

While it is obvious right from the start that all of their issues would come to a head eventually, I was pleasantly surprised with how it all came to be. I felt that Nev's mother did act a bit out of character, but in the end, it didn't matter because I thoroughly enjoyed the outcome. Their Happily-Ever-After is picture perfect and well-deserved.

The narration by Coleen Marlo is pretty good. I found her narrator voice soothing, and enjoyed her performance of Cath quite a lot. At times I found that she reminded me of Renee Raudman, most especially her performance of Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews. Ms. Marlo's British male voices were okay - with Nev's being the best of the bunch and his brother's most annoying. Sometimes the narration felt a little slow, but I didn't like the sound at 1.25x (I listened at 1x speed).

Overall an enjoyable audiobook.

Story Rating: B+