Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Love Me By Christmas
Jaci Burton
The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

#Audiobook Review: London Bound by Jessica Jarman

London Bound: Bound, Book 1 - Tatiana Sokolov, Jessica Jarman, Jessica Jarman

When I discovered that the authors of one of my favorite series, Bound by Jessica Jarman and Bronwyn Green, published the first two books in audiobook format, I think I squealed out loud for a bit. Would I like the opportunity to review them? Hell yes!

Before I get into the audio/narration part of the review, I want to state that I strongly enjoyed both books the first time around. Much of what I wrote in my original reviews of both London Bound and Drawn That Way still holds true, and I’ll summarize my thoughts on both stories as taken from my original reviews.

London Bound: Overall, I found London Bound an entertaining, steamy erotic romance. While Nathan is a bit perfect, Meg is wonderfully real, creating a beautiful equilibrium. They share some intense and beautiful moments, carrying me away in their mutual affections. I needed things to work out for the couple because they make such a good match. I like that they didn't have a completely easy road, and it took some time to make it work. The D/s relationship and love affair are nearly perfect, and sometimes enjoying an ideal romance is just what a tired soul needs to getaway for a while.

As for specifics to the audiobook version:

One thing I noticed about listening to the books - I didn’t realize how much sex was in both books until listening!

The first book in the series, London Bound, is one of my favorites, and I delighted in listening to the story as a re-read. Right from the start, I was impressed with the narrator. She captured Meg’s uncertainty and maelstrom of emotions, as well as her underlying innocence. Tatiana Sokolov also excelled at the youthful voices of Meg’s kids; something that doesn’t always work with adult narrators. Nathan’s voice was good, with a slight accent, although I expected something deeper when I read it the first time. Listening to the story after reading it only made me love the story more, and I found that I wasn’t as hung up on Nathan’s perfection, but rather embraced it and fully enjoyed the story!

Story: A

Narration: B+

Review copy provided by author