Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Rising Blood by Bronwyn Green

Rising Blood - Bronwyn Green

Harper Yovanoff and Elliot Zielin are vampire hunters and reluctant partners. Harper does not think highly of Elliot and is frustrated that she's been stuck with him. Meanwhile, Elliot just wants to make sure Harper stays safe. And although Harper finds Elliot attractive, she knows that getting involved with co-workers can go badly. When Harper and Elliot discover that vampires are targeting and turning hunters, they must put their differences aside and work together to save their coworkers and friends.

Rising Blood is a short, standalone story that features some traditional, old-school vampires. I loved the Buffy the Vampire Slayer feel of the hunters and vamps, whose faces morphed from normal to their bumpy state when feeding. The book is shared from alternating POVs, giving a balanced look at the romance. Harper and Elliot share a strong attraction, and I enjoyed seeing how much Elliot cared for Harper well before Harper let herself feel more for him.

Overall, Rising Blood is a solid, traditional paranormal romance; sexy and action-packed. I like the characters, and the chemistry between Harper and Elliot is amazing. Unfortunately, the story suffers a bit from the shortened length, lacking somewhat on the emotional level, and I found that I didn’t connect to the characters as much as I wanted to. While not the most original tale, I still enjoyed reading Rising Blood.

My Rating:  B-

Review copy provided by author.

Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About