Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

When I Need You
Lorelei James
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: A Fighting Chance by Shannon Stacey

A Fighting Chance - Shannon Stacey

Adeline (Del) Kendrick is looking forward to a long weekend of fun and shopping with her best friends. Arriving at the casino resort one day early, she plans to put on her new flannel PJs, order room service, and watch Netflix. Yet everything changes when she runs into Brendan Quinn, the love of her life who walked out on her six years ago.

Brendan Quinn is overcome with emotion when he runs into Del at the same casino where he is scheduled to fight. Although he left her six years ago, doing what he thought was the “right thing,” not a day passes that he doesn’t think of Del. Now that he’s found her again, he hopes maybe they can catch up, but what he doesn’t expect is to end up back in her bed.

A Fighting Chance is a delightful, fast-paced romance that relies on the couple’s previous history to tug at heartstrings and create all the warm-fuzzies. Ms. Stacey does an excellent job creating their off-page past, allowing the reader to feel connected to the couple right from the start. The alternating POVs provided insight as to how much both Del and Brendan still loved one another. Both of these things, coupled with excellent storytelling, gives this shorter-length book the rich feel of a full-length story.

Overall, I enjoyed the chemistry between Del and Brendan. Although their story is easy and things wrap up neatly, it is entertaining and heartfelt. Once again, Ms. Stacey combines all the right ingredients for a wonderful contemporary romance.

P.S. Big props to Angela James and Carina Press for putting a note in the front of the book that the story ends at about the 70% mark because of the inclusion of a long excerpt at the end. I wish more publishers did this. It made the reading experience so much more delightful!

My Rating:  A- Enjoyed A Lot