Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Chasing Destiny (Silver Tip Pack Book 2)
Megan Erickson
The Silver Skull: The Elemental Web Chronicles, Book 2
Henrietta Meire, Anne Renwick, Tantor Audio
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Quickie Review: Ride with the Devil by Megan Hart

Ride With The Devil (The Morningstar Series Book 1) - Megan Hart

Ride with the Devil is a wonderful short, but mostly because I read and loved the follow up story, Dance with the Devil, which is part of the Dark Secrets anthology. Ride with the Devil tells the story of Jake, a man who's soul belongs to the devil because his mother made a deal with Morningstar in order to save Jake's life. Jake must do what the devil asks, or forfeits his soul. What he didn't expect was to meet the woman of his dreams while fulfilling his latest obligation.

Having read the second story first, I'm biased that everyone should do the same. I honestly don't know if I would have loved Dance with the Devil as much knowing Kathleen and Jake's history. Similarly, I would not have liked Ride with the Devil because of its ending, but knowing what happens next made the story interesting and exciting.

Together, the pair of stories make for an engrossing, dark love story. The theme of free will and making one's own choices is an interesting topic that plays strongly in the books. Ms. Hart weaves a fascinating tale that made me feel and left me thinking. I highly recommend picking up both stories and reading them either in or out of order.

My rating: B+