Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Moonlight Menage by Stephanie Julian

Moonlight Menage (Lucani Lovers Book 2) - Stephanie Julian

The Lucani Lovers is a six-book steamy paranormal romance series that was re-edited and, in some cases, rewritten, and republished in February 2016.

Nic and Duke are brothers in every way except by blood. They work, live, and play together, and they both love Tira deeply.

Scared by a vision she had of Nic’s death the first and only time she attempted to be with Nic and Duke, Tira has isolated herself from the men she loves. Now that Nic’s time appears to be coming to an end, Tira must decide if she wants to continue hiding or take a chance on love.

Nic, Duke, and Tira’s story began in the previous book, Kiss of Moonlight. They share an eight-year history, which gives the story a tight emotional connection from the start. The trio share a bond and unrequited love that has kept each of them unhappy. I really like the back story reasons for their distance.

The overall story of the mysterious kidnappings deepens and builds upon the first book, however some of the storylines mentioned in the first book are absent in Moonlight Menage, which didn’t bother me, but left me wondering if they will pick back up. There is still a lot of unknown and mystery surrounding the overall storyline, and I like how we get bits over the course of each book. Additionally, the author brings in new characters and deepens the mythology.

The smex is hot. There are lots of menage sexy times. The scenes add emotional value to the book.

Overall I liked Moonlight Menage, but there one or two scenes that just felt out of place - added fluff or their purpose not clear, making them feel superfluous. I would have preferred either a deeper connection made between the scenes and the story or have them edited out. I am enjoying this series. It’s a great mix of PNR erotica and a solid, extended storyline that leaves me ready to take on the next book.

My Rating:  B, Liked It

Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About

Review copy provided by author.