Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Legs (One Wild Wish, #1)
Kelly Siskind
A Plague of Giants
Deutschland Random House Audio, Kevin Hearne, Xe Sands, Luke Daniels
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: One of the Guys by Shiloh Walker

One of the Guys - Shiloh Walker

Jaynie Holmes was engaged to her longtime high school sweetheart, Dean Albridge, until she catches him in bed with his best friend and their busty neighbor. Taking comfort and refuge in Kate’s (her best friend) home, Jaynie is surprised when she feels an attraction to Kate’s older brother Brian, who also happens to be Jaynie’s co-worker and business partner.

One of the Guys is a super sexy, quick read. I loved Jaynie and Brian’s romance; a true friends-to-lovers story that was equal parts heartwarming and steamy. Brian and Jaynie’s chemistry was explosive, and Brian's alpha demanding possessive side in bed was uber hot. I enjoyed that Jaynie took the time to evaluate her life and make changes for herself after leaving Dean.

I did have a few issues with the quick changing point-of-views between Jaynie to Brian, some of which were done mid-scene and without distinguish. I also didn’t like how negatively Brian reacted to a scene between Jaynie and Dean towards the end of the story. It felt overly dramatic and done for the sole purpose of conflict.

One of the Guys is an enjoyable, entertaining novella. In fact, I would have loved an epilogue or something to let me know how Jaynie and Brian were doing down the road, extending the story a bit longer. In the end, this is a wonderful short to pick up when you are in the mood for a satisfying love story.

My Rating:  B+ Liked It A Lot

Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About

Review copy provided by author.