Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

When I Need You
Lorelei James
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Quickie Review: Sweet Filthy Morning After by Christina Lauren

Sweet Filthy Morning After - Christina Lauren

Ansel and Mia experience a wild, drunken, lust-filled night in Las Vegas. What did Ansel feel that first morning after? Written from the POV of Ansel, Sweet Filthy Morning After is his recollection of waking up next to Mia and remembering everything that happened the previous night.

At only 30 minutes long, the story is truly only a short, slice of life and not meant for those who haven’t read Sweet Filthy Boy, the book from which the scene comes. For those who loved Mia and Ansel’s story, but missed hearing any of Ansel’s side of the story, Sweet Filthy Morning After is a real treat. Written like an entry to Ansel’s personal diary, we learn how fast and hard he falls for Mia. While I wish we’d had his POV in Sweet Filthy Boy, I understand why it would have changed the entire nature of the book.

Jason Carpenter does an excellent job narrating the story as Frenchman Ansel. He portrays an enjoyable French accent without seeming pretentious. However, his narrative speed is way too slow, and for the first time ever, I listened to a book at the 1.5x speed comfortably.

My Rating: B+ (as a companion to Sweet Filthy Boy)

Narration: B