Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Edge of Moonlight by Stephanie Julian

Edge of Moonlight (Lucani Lovers Book 3) - Stephanie Julian

The Lucani Lovers is a six-book steamy paranormal romance series that was re-edited and, in some cases, rewritten, and republished in February 2016.

Kaine Giliati is an elite solder shifter. After rescuing the human John Simmons, she realized he was her mate, and she longed to be with him. Yet when John saw Kaine shift and he learned the Lucani secrets, he chose to have his memories wiped so he could walk away. Now Kaine misses him even though nothing ever happened between the pair.

John and his sister, Evangeline, were kidnapped in the last story, and now his memories of how he escaped are fuzzy, and his dreams are haunted by a beautiful woman. When he sees the woman of his dreams in a bar, he thinks he might be crazy, but takes her home anyhow.

Picking up when the previous book left off, Edge of Moonlight continues the story about a mysterious person who has been kidnapping humans with Etruscan blood. The story deepens with the reappearance of Evangeline, who’s slight magical abilities have grown exponentially and out of control. I have been enjoying this story from the beginning, and I was glad to see so much progress on finding out who is behind the kidnappings, as well as the motives. However, I felt the entire story fell flat. The motivation behind the kidnappings was tenuous, and in the end, the perpetrator was equally as weak.

John and Kaine’s romance was fiery hot, and filled with passion. While the pair experienced some of the paranormal insta-love, there were complications and bumps in the road. Unfortunately, much of their trouble could have been avoided with any sort of open communication.

In the end, I enjoyed reading Edge of Moonlight, but I would have liked a more concrete story around the mysterious kidnapper. Kaine and John’s romance was enjoyable, but I wished they’d been a bit more open with one another.

My Rating:  B- Liked It -- But I had a few small issues