Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Quickie Review: The Crown of the Queen by Jeffe Kennedy

The Crown of the Queen - Jeffe Kennedy

The Crown of the Queen (from the duology, For Crown and Kingdom) is a very enjoyable look behind the scenes, as it were, as the series transitions from the original Twelve Kingdoms trilogy to the upcoming series which will focus on the changes to the kingdoms after the fall of Uorsin and the reintroduction of the Tala magic to all the lands.

Told in the first person POV of the loyal historian/librarian, Dafne, the novella focuses on the coronation of Ursula to High Queen. I loved this short for a couple reasons. First, it helped me recall the events of the previous book and downfall of Uorsin prior to reading the upcoming title, The Pages of the Mind. Second, I like that things weren't magically "okay" after the bloody battle for control of the twelve kingdoms and death of Uorsin. The author does great justice to her series by not leaving the storyline as the proverbial "riding off into the sunset HEA". The entire transitional story adds emotional intensity and a bit of, dare I say, realism to the tale. Beloved characters all make necessary appearances, and we even get a brief glimpse into the romance of the upcoming book.

All-in-all, The Crown of the Queen is a must read for fans of the Twelve Kingdoms series, and due to the nature of the series, should not treated as a standalone. It's an entertaining look at life for the three princesses, now each a ruler by her own right.

My Rating: A-
review copy provided by the author