Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

When I Need You
Lorelei James
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Blood Lust by Alexandra Ivy

Blood Lust (The Sentinels) - Alexandra Ivy

Continuing directly from the storyline of the previous book, Blood Assassin, Bas must deal with the outfall of his daughter’s, Molly, kidnapping by supernatural forces. The events ruined his business, and he ended his roll as the leader of a renegade band of mercenary high-bloods. All he wants to do now is raise his daughter in peace, but that all changes when Molly’s mom, Myst, reenters their lives.

Myst had a one afternoon affair with Bas which resulted in a pregnancy. Leaving Molly with Bas after her birth, Myst has been in hiding and impossible to locate. Unknown to Bas, Myst has stayed in contact with Molly via telepathy, and promised Molly she’d come visit after the horrible ordeal. Now that Myst is back, Bas won’t let her go.

While you don’t need to have read the previous books in the Sentinels series to enjoy Blood Lust, the story arc started in the second book, which provides much of the background needed to better understand the high-blood mythology. I enjoyed reading Blood Lust and found the story easy to follow and straight-forward. Myst and Baz’s relationship had its bumps, but overall flowed smoothly. Their albeit brief shared history lends itself to a sexy reunion, fueled by the fact that Bas has longed for and searched for Myst ever since their one shared afternoon. I enjoyed watching the couple rekindle their feelings and act on their desires. I especially liked how open and honest Bas was with Myst, especially with his desires.

While the romance was engaging, I had a few troubles with the suspense/action part of the story which involves the Brotherhood, a high-blood hate group populated by human fanatics. Unfortunately, the group felt like a stereotype of cliched cults. I also felt some of the scenes were too easy, with convenient weapons and perfectly timed coincidences. Additionally, I would have loved it if the part of the story I found most intriguing, having to deal with Molly herself, was explored more.

Honestly, my favorite parts of the book had to do with the ongoing denial of Lana and Wolfe as they push the limits of their mutual desire. Ms. Ivy is building a wonderful, über-steamy relationship that drips with sexual tension. I want their book... I want to know more about their paths and how they can work out an HEA.

In the end, I enjoyed my time spent in the world of high-bloods and Sentinels. Ms. Ivy has developed an interesting mythology, which I plan to explore in subsequent titles. Blood Lust is a good addition to the series, but it’s another couple’s romantic journey I long for.

My Rating:  B- Liked It, but I had a few small issues

Review copy provided by publisher