Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

#Audiobook Review: Love So True by Marquita Valentine

Love So True: The Lawson Brothers Book 2 - Marquita Valentine, Marquita Valentine, Piper Goodeve

Love So True is the second story in the small town contemporary romance series based on the good-looking and hard-working Lawson brothers. This time around, the story focuses on Prodigal Son, Lucas Lawson, who served five years in prison for his participation in an investment scandal that emptied the pockets of several of Jessamine’s residents. The one thing that kept him going was the memory of Bailey Yates’s smile.

Bailey, a single mom who has had her own share of bad choices and sideways looks from the town’s residents, sees how Lucas has changed and gives him a chance. While Lucas doesn’t feel deserving, he is humble and accepts her help. And although both agree hooking up would be a bad idea, they can’t help themselves.

I really enjoyed Love So True. I loved how vulnerable both Bailey and Lucas are, but each is ready to take life by the reins and do what they want. And while I was so worried that this book, like its predecessor, would focus on the many external issues that could tear them apart, my fears were for naught. Ms. Valentine does a marvelous job keeping the focus of the book on the developing romance between Bailey and Lucas, and as pair, how they deal with the hurdles and obstacles in their way. And unlike the first book in this series, the issues between Bailey and Lucas didn’t feel contrived and were dealt with in a mature and timely manner.

The narration by Piper Goodeve is good, but still not great for me. I enjoy Ms. Goodeve’s narrative voice, as well as her female characters, bringing in a mix of the sweet south combined with thoughtfulness. But her male characters are too soft and gentle for my liking. The male voices just don’t seem to fit the characters as well, especially when being romantic or trying to take charge.

Overall, Love So True is a delightful romance that is full of heart.

My rating: B+