Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

When I Need You
Lorelei James
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Quickie Review: Once Upon a Moonlit Night by Elizabeth Hoyt

Once Upon a Moonlit Night: A Maiden Lane Novella - Elizabeth Hoyt

This enjoyable little novella shares the story of Hippolyta Royle, the most eligible bachelorette in all of London, who was kidnapped by the dastardly Duke of Montgomery in the previous full-length Maiden Lane title, Duke of Sin. Having escaped her imprisonment, she flagged down the carriage of Matthew Mortimer, Earl of Paxton, begging for assistance in her return to London. Meanwhile, Matthew hardly believes the story the smelly, beggar maid weaves, claiming to be a lady of society. Yet, despite his beliefs, he can’t help but be drawn to this exotic beauty.

I absolutely adored Hippolyta and Matthew’s story. Short and sweet, they followed their hearts despite what society dictates. One needn’t have read any books in the series to fully enjoy Once Upon a Moonlit Night. The standalone story may be short, but it’s full of passion and humor. I love that the pair discovered their attraction and desires prior to being discovered, and that they dealt with issues as a couple.

Once Upon a Moonlit Night is a wonderful standalone love story and a perfect introduction to Ms. Hoyt’s Maiden Lane series. I loved watching Hippolyta and Matthew fall for one another, and the entire story is a delightful afternoon read.

My Rating: A-