Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Villains Rule: The Shadow Master, Book 1
Amber Cove Publishing, William Gibson, Jeffrey Kafer
Elizabeth's Wolf (A Novel of the Breeds)
Lora Leigh
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Where the Wild Things Bite by Molly Harper

Where the Wild Things Bite - Molly Harper

Human Anna Whitfield has many neuroses, yet pride in her work puts her on a plane to Half-Moon Hollow, where she is returning a rare and valuable book to her client, Jane Jameson. Unfortunately for Anna, there are others who want the book, going as far as crashing the plane to get what they want. Luckily (or not) for Anna, vampire Finn Palmeroy is on the plane, and he saves her moments before the plane explodes. Lost in the woods in the middle of Kentucky, the pair cannot agree on anything, yet there is an attraction sizzling between them.

Where the Wild Things Bite is another fun tale in the humorous Half-Moon Hollow paranormal romance series. Taking place mostly outside of Half-Moon Hollow, the major of the book focuses solely Anna and Finn as they try to make their way back to civilization while being hunted by some crazy shifters. This allows plenty of time for the couple, and therefore the reader, to get to know one another and build a relationship. I enjoyed their dynamic; a mix between light bickering and genuine care and consideration. What I had troubles with is that Finn is a con artist who lied many times. Readers first met him in the previous book, The Single Undead Mom’s Club, and he was basically a creep in that one. It was tough for me to put aside his behavior in the previous book, as well as his actions in this one. With that said, he did have moments of tenderness, and I did believe his feelings for Anna to be true, however, in the back of my mind, there was always a small doubt.

Regardless of the issues I had with Finn, the book was engrossing. At one point, I looked down and was surprised to see that I was already at the 82% mark of the book. The story flowed smoothly and the story interesting, so I hadn't realized how much of the book had passed. Additionally, the couple, while cute and fun, didn’t bring on the heat. This is definitely a romance-lite tale. Finally, the ending was quick and easy, and a tad outrageous, but fitting for the light-hearted nature of this series.

In the end, Where the Wild Things Bite is another humorous romp through Half-Moon Hollow and beyond. Ms. Harper brings her trademark snark and outrageousness, creating an exciting adventure and easy romance. I got caught up in the story regardless of any issues I had with the plot progress. The book is an enjoyable, quick, fun, easy read - perfect for any summer day.

My Rating:  B+ Liked It A Lot

Review copy provided by publisher