Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Chasing Destiny (Silver Tip Pack Book 2)
Megan Erickson
The Silver Skull: The Elemental Web Chronicles, Book 2
Henrietta Meire, Anne Renwick, Tantor Audio
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh

Rock Wedding - Nalini Singh

Nalini Singh wraps up her wonderful Rock Kiss series with Abe and Sarah’s story. Abe and Sarah share a tragic history that was chronicled briefly over the course of the series, so ending with their reunion is a fitting way to cap it off. The couple was married, but it was a very one-sided love. Abe was too wrapped up in the sorrow of his baby sister’s death, staying closed off and afraid to love. Turning to drugs and alcohol to bury his pain, his coldness eventually drove Sarah away, and into the arms of another man. That man wasn’t much better: emotionally abusive and selfish. Abe and Sarah’s story begins again when Abe, now clean and sober, protects Sarah from her ex. This event happened at the end of the previous title, Rock Redemption, and although Rock Wedding starts in the past, the bulk of the story occurs after the end of the prior title.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading Rock Wedding and had trouble putting down the book. The best aspect of the story is that it takes place after both Abe and Sarah hit rock bottom, focusing on rebuilding from the ashes rather than watching them crash and burn. Each had grown up and changed mostly prior to the start of the story, and their maturity carried through to an amazing relationship. Rock Wedding was about a healthy, loving relationship. But don’t mistake healthy for easy! There were issues, especially with trust, but there weren't contrived problems.

Sarah and Abe’s journey is highly emotional and rewarding for the reader. I will admit that I was worried at the beginning, with the fact that their reunion is punctuation with what I would call a “repetitive issue.” Work with me folks - I’m trying to be spoiler-free here! However… even though there is a repetitive aspect, Ms. Singh places the focus on Sarah and Abe’s growing relationship, developing trust via actions and words, and the repetitive piece adds to rather than detracts from the story. And the actions Abe takes are extraordinarily kind and sweet; however the couple is full of sexy and hot as well! I loved how open and honest the pair was, sharing and giving equally.

I think Rock Wedding may be my favorite book of the series. I especially enjoyed that the hard drama was behind the couple, and this story was about second chances. Their story is one about a healthy, mature relationship, both sweet and sexy. Although I was initially worried about a repetitive storyline, my concerns were for naught, and instead the book focused more on the relationship and how the couple changed from the past - what they were doing now to make it work. I couldn't put the book down. It was a delightful, happy, healthy, sexy romance.

My Rating:  A- Enjoyed A Lot