Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Villains Rule: The Shadow Master, Book 1
Amber Cove Publishing, William Gibson, Jeffrey Kafer
Elizabeth's Wolf (A Novel of the Breeds)
Lora Leigh
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Midnight Untamed by Lara Adrian

Midnight Untamed: A Midnight Breed Novella - Lara Adrian

Ettore “Savage” Selvaggio is a member of the European Order and is about to take out the infamous Breed drug dealer, Massioni, when he sees a woman from his past inside the house he’s set to blow up. Arabella “Bella” Genova has a talent for looking into the future and is forced to help Massioni or risk the lives of the only family she has left. It's been ten years since Savage and Bella last saw each other, on the night he left her and broke her heart.

Midnight Untamed is another entertaining, standalone novella set in the Midnight Breed world. While the story fits within the overall plot and timeline of the series, one can read and enjoy it without knowledge of the greater picture.

Having a shared history is a big plus for Savage and Bella, making their reunion and extremely fast romance work within the limits of the novella. Additionally, the pair is open and honest from the start, both about why she’s with Massioni and why he left her all those years ago. This gets high marks from me. Ms. Adrian could have easily created one misunderstanding after another, yet instead of tossing hurdles in their path, she draws them closer through forthright sharing.

Overall, Midnight Untamed is a solid, enjoyable standalone tale set in the dark paranormal series. It’s a somewhat predicable PNR with an alpha male and quick bonding, but that works for the story and within the Midnight Breed universe. It’s an entertaining, quick read that is easy to follow, regardless if you are a veteran or new-to-the-series reader.

My Rating:  B, Liked It

review copy provided by Inkslinger tours

Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About