Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Rewritten (The Bound Series Book 8)
Bronwyn Green
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: One Snowy Night by Jill Shalvis

One Snowy Night - Jill Shalvis

Picking up from events started in the previous full-length book, it's Christmas Eve and both Max and Rory want to get home. Rory, who ran away at 17, hasn't been back to see her family since she's gotten her life straighten out. Rory’s friend and boss asks Max to drive her from San Francisco to Tahoe, unaware the pair shares a history.

Unknown to their friends, Max and Rory went to high school together, and they themselves don't ever talk about it. While Rory was a quiet kid with a huge crush on big-time jock Max, she remains unaware of the events she triggered just before she left town, changing the course of Max's life forever. Now the pair must overcome hours in a car together while fighting an undeniable attraction.

Rory and Max were adorable in the previous book, The Trouble with Mistletoe, and so I was excited they got their own book. The story was fast-paced and generally lighthearted, with just-a-touch of Christmas romance. However, I felt the entire relationship moved a tad too fast for my liking. I appreciate that Ms. Shalvis built a past for the pair, and seeing them make eyes for each other in the previous book, helped validate their passion. Yet, the couple goes from flirting to forever in a matter of hours.

Overall, One Snowy Night is very quick and easy to read, although you may need to suspend reality for a bit. Rory and Max’s story is uncomplicated and breezy, despite their history and the weather. The drama is a bit over the top and the relationship goes from zero to 100 in a very short period. But still, it is an enjoyable, lighthearted story that I finished in one setting.

Warning: The digital ARC copy I read had a lot of backend material, with the novella actually ending at the 58% mark.

My Rating:  B, Liked It