Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Legs (One Wild Wish, #1)
Kelly Siskind
A Plague of Giants
Deutschland Random House Audio, Kevin Hearne, Xe Sands, Luke Daniels
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Holiday with a Twist by Shannon Stacey

Holiday with a Twist - Shannon Stacey

Leigh Holloway is back home for the holidays, and she’s hiding a big secret from her family. Not wanting to upset the apple cart at Christmas, Leigh hides the fact that she broke things off with her fiancé and quit her job in Houston two months ago. However, meeting up with childhood friend Croy stirs up all sorts of feelings, and now she’s trying to keep their holiday fling under wraps until she can get back to Houston and get on with her life.

Holiday with a Twist is an enjoyable holiday novella, complete with warm fuzzies and family fun. Leigh and Croy share a history, and although their friendship has been on hold for several years, I like that they fell into an easy camaraderie from that first night she walked into his bar. Ms. Stacey builds their shared past through recollection and dialogue, keeping the reader in present day while filling in the missing pieces. Falling for someone who was once a close friend gives the romance more weight and substance within the confines of the shorter space of a novella.

While the perceived need for Leigh to keep her relationship status a secret could have grown out of control, it was never overused, with her secrets unraveling before I got annoyed by her lack of honesty. Her reasons for her actions felt very real and relatable, and we all know, once a lie is out there, it’s hard to be forthright. Luckily, this is Christmas in small town New Hampshire, where everything works out as it should!

Holiday with a Twist is a wonderful holiday treat. I highly recommend curling up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy this sexy, sweet novella from Ms. Stacey.

My Rating: B, Liked It