Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Love Me By Christmas
Jaci Burton
The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Nice Guys Bite by Jennifer Estep

Nice Guys Bite (Elemental Assassin) - Jennifer Estep

Working for assassin and underworld crime boss Gin Blanco as her personal assistant leaves Silvio with very little personal time. While he loves his job, he’s finally decided to take some personal time to enjoy a coffee date. However, when some giants decide to interrupt his time off, Silvio must deal with painful memories from his past in order to save himself.

Nice Guys Bite is an entertaining short set in the amazing Elemental Assassin world. For the first time ever, readers are treated to a tale told from Silvio’s point-of-view. We learn a few personal secrets about this über-organized vampire, and while I’ve always respected Silvio, now he’s got my heart as well. His life while working for his previous boss wasn’t kind, and it’s a wonder how Silvio managed to come away without more emotional and mental damage.

The story is short, ending at about 75%, with the remainder an excerpt from the upcoming title. While I found the entire tale entertaining and light, I was disappointed with its predictability. I pretty much guessed the entire plot from the get go - which may be a sign that Ms. Estep has trained me well to look for clues and be as paranoid as Gin. Regardless, I still loved watching Silvio work his way out of his dire situation, and I truly enjoyed learning more about this awesome character.

Nice Guys Bite is an excellent treat for fans of the Elemental Assassin series, even with its predictable nature. I certainly enjoy anytime I get to spend with Gin and the gang at the Pork Pit.

My Rating:  B, Liked It