Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Terminal Alliance: Janitors of the Post-Apocalypse Series, Book 1
Tantor Audio, Jim C. Hines, Rebecca Mitchell
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Quickie Review: Alejandro's Sorceress by Alyssa Day

Alejandro's Sorceress: A Cardinal Witches Novella (The Cardinal Witches Book 1) - Alyssa Day

Alejandro is a newbie government agent with years of vampire fighting experience. He and his partner are sent on a mission to help the Cardinal Witches with a basilisk problem. What Alejandro finds is a hot mess named Rose.

Rose Cardinal is a powerful witch who lives with her witchy-family. She spends her time helping others and caring for her community. Never giving much thought about personal time, she is shocked by her attraction to not-her-type Alejandro.

Alejandro's Sorceress is a novella-length story that spins-off a new series from Ms. Day's highly successful Warriors of Poseidon series. Although in the same world (and the bad a$$ warriors make a quick appearance), the tone of this book is much lighter than the original series.

Alejandro and Rose's romance is extremely quick. They share an insta-love that defies anything they've experienced before. But even those around them realize after just one day that the couple is destined to be mated. While I've never been a fan of quick-to-fall-in-love stories, there romance fits the mood and flow of the title, so I didn't mind it as I would in a more serious or longer book.

Alejandro's Sorceress is silly entertainment; a bit over the top, but light and humorous and done in an enjoyable manner. I liked the set up of the world, and the Cardinal family looks like a lot of fun. Reading Alejandro's Sorceress piqued my interest in checking out the next title, which I hope is a bit more developed with a bit longer storyline.

My Rating: B/B-