Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Razr by Larissa Ione

Razr: A Demonica Underworld Novella - Larissa Ione

Razr is a battle angel who hasn’t quite fallen, yet is banished from Heaven because of a costly mistake made by his team a century ago. He and his teammates lost three of Heaven’s most valuable weapons, the Gems of Enoch, and got their human custodians killed. Now he serves Azagoth (the Grim Reaper) and must be brutally punished until he can right the wrongs of his past.

Jedda is a world-renowned gem expert who is really a gem elf who can sense minerals’ energy, enabling her to locate precious jewels. Unknown to her clients, and any outside the elven realm, she needs this energy to live, doing what she must to survive. However, when she is forced by a Fallen to locate the Gems of Enoch, she realizes she may be in over her head.

Razr is the fourth Demonica novella that focuses on the beings who live in and rule over the Underworld. While the first two novellas had close ties to the overall Demonica storylines, the more recent titles are very much independent, with Razr opening up and expanding the universe’s mythology to include elves and their realms. This new world gives the series the potential to start entirely new story arcs, leaving Demonica entirely.

Razr and Jedda seem to be made for one another as the story progresses and we learn the nature of both the gem elf and the Gems of Enoch. Their sexual chemistry is off the charts right from the start, and their predestined feel allows the characters to reach “I love you” in only a few short days. I like that both are pretty open and honest, risking themselves for the other. And while the outcome is somewhat predictable, I still enjoyed how the author makes everything work by the end.

Razr is another fun story in the Demonica series. However, I’m finding that the novellas lack the depth and complexity of the full-length stories. While the novellas are entertaining and I enjoy them, I miss the series novels. The quick to I love you and crazy escapades in such a short timeframe are getting a bit repetitive and over the top for my continued consumption, and I really hope Ms. Ione opts to bring readers a full-length story soon.

My Rating: B/B-

Review copy provided by Inkslinger blog tour