Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Villains Rule: The Shadow Master, Book 1
Amber Cove Publishing, William Gibson, Jeffrey Kafer
Elizabeth's Wolf (A Novel of the Breeds)
Lora Leigh
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Somehow, Some Way by Jennifer Probst

Somehow, Some Way: A Billionaire Builders Novella - Jennifer Probst

Architect Brady Heart has been a series background character as a partner of Pierce Brothers Construction. In and out of different scenes, I’ve always seen Brady as a nice guy, good friend type of character; however, reading Somehow, Some Way, I got a whole new sense of who Brady is. He is a control freak and has some pretty “traditional” views of what he seeks in a marriage. And the man is ready to find that perfect wife to marry and raise his children, like yesterday. On the other hand, I feel we got a good look at Charlie Flower’s free-spirit in Any Time, Any Place, where she played a pivotal role for Dalton. Charlie is determined to make it on her own, and reluctant to accept help. So when her new family at Pierce Brothers insists that Brady help Charlie on a renovation in a dangerous part of town, she is anything but cooperative or appreciative.

I honestly did not see how Brady and Charlie were going to work at first. Frankly, Brady was an arrogant ass. He looked down on Charlie, even though he respected her work ethic and felt an insane attraction to her. His views on dating an woman were very 1950s, yet he never pushed his views on marriage, only asking she respect what works for him. However, I completely sided with Charlie as he continually seemed so condescending. I didn’t like Brady much at all. Yet, as the book moved forward, and he grew closer to Charlie, I saw him open up and change.

I loved the point when Brady realized he could no longer ignore his obsessive attraction to Charlie. The whole story turned on edge as the pair began to work together and argue less. They were playful, rather than mean-spirited, and they enjoyed being with each other. That was when the real emotions began to develop and grow. Brady’s self-examination of his long-held views and Charlie’s ability to finally let someone in and help her gave the story depth. Their unlikely romance blossomed.

Somehow, Some Way is an enjoyable, fun novella set in the Billionaire Builders series. It is a treat for fans of the series; however the book can be read and enjoyed as a standalone by those new to the series.

My Rating: B, Liked It

Review copy provided by blog tour company

Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About