Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

Blood Guard: A Mission Novel
Megan Erickson
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

#Audiobook Review: Snow Falling on Bluegrass by Molly Harper

Snow Falling on Bluegrass - Molly Harper

Jumping back into the office shenanigans of the Kentucky Commission on Tourism, Snow Falling on Bluegrass sets up listeners/readers for the potential romance between Kelsey and Charlie. Since the first book in Ms. Harper’s Bluegrass series, we’ve known Kelsey has it BAD for Charlie, but stayed with her loser live-in boyfriend because she felt she didn’t deserve better. Well, loser Darryl got a “better offer,” leaving Kelsey weeks ago, and it finally sunk in how horrible of a man he was. Now, off on a long-weekend work retreat, Kelsey is looking for some rebound action, and park ranger Luke, may be just the one to fulfill her needs.

Picking up after the events of the first two books, the KTC staff is back together and trapped without power when a freak snow storm hits Kentucky. After missing most of the characters in the previous book, I was both thankful and happy to have Sadie, Josh, the "nerd herd," and even some new employees, all together again. They play off one another in the silliest of ways, and their situation is ripe with hilarious opportunities.

I appreciate that although the book blurb and earlier parts of the story set the stage for a love triangle, the focus truly is on Charlie and Kelsey. I love Josh's character and would have loved for him to have his own book... maybe someday *sigh*

I do like Charley and Kelsey together. They had some good-sized hurdles to jump, and therefore, I appreciate that their story ends with an HFN and a promise of more to come. Between denying their own feelings for years and the fear of losing a friendship, both characters have made some poor decisions over the past three years. I was not happy at the continual delays in get it all out, but in the end, I liked the way it all went down.

Once again, the book is narrated by Amanda Ronconi. While I noticed that the three primary females (Sadie, Bonnie, Kelsey) all have very similar voices, each fitting for a first person POV, as well as, the individual characters, who were all similarly silly and somewhat neurotic, Ms. Ronconi did an excellent job mixing up the male voices. She kept Josh, Will, and now Charlie, consistent from book to book, each easily identifiable and mostly unique. I enjoy Ms. Ronconi’s narration, so the fact that the characters tend to bleed over doesn’t necessarily bother me, it just made it difficult to discern who was talking sometimes. But overall she does a great job with Ms. Harper’s characters, giving them wit, sarcasm, and soulfulness.

Overall, Snow Falling on Bluegrass is yet another enjoyable, silly romp into Western Kentucky with some extremely likable characters. This third, and presumably final title, in the series was probably my favorite, as I had come to know the characters, becoming invested in their well-being. I liked that Charlie and Kelsey finally got their feelings out in the open, but didn’t rush into forever, knowing they needed to take it slow and savor every moment.

My Rating: B+