Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Royal Ruin: A Second Chance Royal Romance (Flings With Kings)
Jessica Peterson
Down by Contact: Barons Series, Book 2
Eric London, Tantor Audio, Santino Hassell, Alexander Cendese
A Wrinkle in Time
Hope Davis, Madeleine L'Engle
Operation: Endgame (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Book 6) (English Edition)
Philippa Ballantine, Jeanne H. Ballantine, William Morris
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Review: Fake Wife by Stacey Lynn

Fake Wife - Stacey  Lynn

NOTE: I found out after my review was posted that the name of the hero was changed from Sterling to Corbin after the ARCs went out for review. Sorry for any confusion.

For seven years, Teagan has followed her boyfriend around the country while he finished medical school and worked on his internship. She gave up college and her own dreams to follow their dreams. Except… she was the only one all in. After losing her job due to budget cuts, she comes home to find her boyfriend in the middle of sexing up another woman. Knowing things were over well before this moment, Teagan doesn’t even want apologizes or excuses and just leaves.

Sterling comes from money and has been named Most Eligible Bachelor three years running. He just laid to rest his grandmother Eleanor, the one family member he loved and trusted. However, at the reading of her will, Sterling finds out his grandmother set him up - placing a significant condition on inheriting the land and home he loves (and subsequently saving it from his father who will tear it down in the name of progress). He must fall in love and get married within six months… and stay married for two years.

Fake Wife is a wonderful story about two lonely souls finding a perfect match. I absolutely love the fake-relationship genre. There is just something about playing love that always leads to finding true happiness, warming my heart in the process. Sterling needs a wife and while he isn’t looking for a someone to share his life with, he knows he can’t rely on the women in his social circle who will want more from him than two years wearing his last name. Meanwhile, Teagan is at the lowest point in her life, having nowhere to go and no one to help her. Fate truly does bring them together, and Sterling recognizes the win-win situation.

I like how Teagan is weary, but also just this side of desperate to listen to Sterling’s proposal to marry him for two years, providing for her and giving her $250,000. But she also recognizes right away that it’s going to be very hard to put her life on hold for two more years to stay in a love-less, sex-less relationship.

And what’s not to adore about Sterling? He’s hot and cold, but he’s a kind person. When Teagan rear ends him, his first instinct is to make sure she’s okay. And after a day of trying to make things work out so he can save his home, he recognizes that he’s thinking of himself and how to make the situation work for him, rather than considering what his grandmother really wanted - for him to be happy and fall in love. When he reflects upon his grandmother’s wishes, he realizes he must take her request to find love seriously.

Fake Wife is a fast read. I was sucked into the story of Sterling and Teagan from the start. From the way they meet after she rear ends his car, to their genuine personalities. Both main characters are likable, and with their hard luck stories… I want them to succeed. I like that the author gives both Teagan and Sterling many layers. They are both smart - they actually think about the impacts of their actions… think through the what ifs and try to make solid plans. Yet, that doesn’t mean they don’t let emotions get the better of them. However, instead of throwing tantrums and holding grudges, the characters give thought to why they feel what they feel, and come back around stronger.

Fans of feel-good romances need to get their hands on Fake Wife. Sterling and Teagan make the perfect pair, and against the odds, they find their way to love.

My Rating:  A, Loved It

Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About

Review copy provided by publisher/NetGalley