Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Operation: Endgame (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Book 6) (English Edition)
Philippa Ballantine, Jeanne H. Ballantine, William Morris
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Taking a leave from Booklikes...

I hate to do this, but it's time I take a break from Booklikes.

I joined Booklikes back when it first started. I loved its unique format for posts and the blog-like feel. I loved having an alternative to Goodreads. I loved the interaction I had with other users. Even with the ups and downs, it was still a good place to go.

However, in the past year or so things began to change. Almost every book I want to add to my shelf didn't have a cover. So I started manually adding every cover by downloading a file from Goodreads and then uploading it here. I don't know why the covers weren't showing up, especially since the overwhelming major of the titles I was reading could be found on Amazon.

But in the last couple months, it's become increasing difficult to even find a book I'm listening to or reading in the Booklikes library. The past three audiobooks I've listened to were not found. The current book I'm reading isn't found. These are widely-available books that are for sale on Amazon, B-N, and others.

When I first came across a book not found in the Booklikes library, I added the book, thinking it was a fluke, or perhaps it was because the book wasn't out yet (I had an ARC). But now it has happened four times in a row, with books that are currently being sold, it's time for me to stop the extra work. While I like Booklikes, it's become entirely too much effort for me to keep up what should be the website's job. I shouldn't have to be adding books to a book review website. It's not worth it.

So, sadly, I am packing my bags and moving on for now. I may return down the road, but right now, it's just not worth my effort. I hope you will continue to enjoy my reviews at my blog: http://twimom227.com or on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4017411-jen-that-s-what-i-m-talking-about

Thanks, Jen