Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Love Me By Christmas
Jaci Burton
The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

A Hard Day's Knight (1 Night Stand Series)

Arrow to the Heart - Arlene Webb My Rating: 2.5 stars: Finished it - take it or leave it (C)

Dr. Cu is an renowned psychologist with an uncanny knack for bringing two people together and finding love. The story opens with Dr. Cu interviewing a female police officer who has killed off one too many bad guys when not necessary. It is evident from her reactions upon seeing his identity that not only is Dr. Cu infamous, but so is his socialite mother. What no one seems to know is that Dr. Cu is also apparently Cupid, and he uses a bow and arrow to make his perfect matches. However, the one perfect match he can never make is his own.

The premise of Cupid as a psychologist and matchmaker in the real world is fun. His parents - Goddess of Love and God of War, are equality notorious, but for what I’m not entirely certain. What is unclear (and I guess not that important) is if the humans around them know there are “fallen” gods, or if they just think these people are wealthy, famous celebrities.

The story was a take-it-or-leave-it for me. Since it is a novella, I read the whole thing; however, had it been a full-length novel, I probably would have DNF. The premise of the story is entertaining - Cupid sets up couples all of the time, but is destined to never have a love for himself. Of course, he finally finds the woman of his dreams in Cheia and must win her over without his usual fanfare.

The dialogue between Cheia and Cu was at times sweet, but more often it felt cheesy and contrived. They spoke in metaphors and innuendo, never really articulating complete thoughts and sentences.

Cu’s mom and dad were over the top for me. Sure, they are petty gods, but I just didn't get it. They were jerks, and I felt it didn't really add to the story - other than to humiliate Cu.

Anyhow, it is a fun premise and not bad to read in between hot and heavy novels. But don't expect more than fluff from this novella.