Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Holiday Wishes
Jill Shalvis
The Trouble with Twelfth Grave: A Novel
Darynda Jones, -Macmillan Audio-, Lorelei King
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Taken by Fire

Taken by Fire - Sydney Croft WARNING: This is the sixth and final book from the ACRO Series by Sydney Croft (Larissa Ione and Stephanie Tyler). Although you could read this book as a stand alone... please don’t. This series is so worth a read - it’s only 6 books! (You can read more about the entire series at my blog.) Taken By Fire is the PERFECT series finally and you would miss out on so much if you read only this book. With that in mind, this review contains SPOILERS from the first 5 books, so move forward at your own risk!

I joked on Twitter about how hard it is to write reviews for books you love - my solution... here is my review: THIS BOOK ROCKS... READ IT. That is all. Okay, so I need to say more, I know. First, the primary love story of Mel and Stryker... it was so hot! I loved the internal (and external) struggles that they both experience - I could feel Stryker’s turmoil as he attempted to reconcile falling for the (sister of the) woman who killed his partner in cold blood. Their relationship is really well written - I didn’t feel any sparks between the two in the beginning, and I’m not meant to... they find their way together as they open up to each other and learn to trust.

Now for “everything else...” My favorite couple, Annika and Creed, are fairly front and center. We found out in the last book that Annika is pregnant, and that the ghostly Oz (brother of Creed and former love of ACRO leader, Dev) predicted that if Annika has Creed’s baby she will die. Then there is ACRO leader, Dev... oh Dev. I LOVED Dev and Oz together. Ms. Croft BROKE MY HEART in an earlier book, but now Dev has Gabe. The book contains wonderful story lines for both subplots. Please bring tissues! Also... Warning to all: This book is HIGHLY erotic and includes several HOT smex scenes, to include a m-m-m threesome.

Taken By Fire wrapped up everything from the first 5 books while giving hope for the future generations. It truly was everything you expect and want from a series finale (and never seem to get). I was emotionally drained by the time I finished... Cursed out the authors a few times... but it was an amazing journey. Every loose was end tied up in a uniquely fitting way. Yes, there are happy endings, but they aren’t forced and did not feel contrived. I’ve said this before, but it is worth repeating: Sydney Croft is a master of sensual story-telling, and the ACRO series is in a league of its own.

My Rating: 5 Stars Personal favorite - a must read (A+)
(But you must read the ENTIRE series!)

FOR MY FULL REVIEW, please visit my blog: http://twimom227.blogspot.com/2011/06/arc-review-taken-by-fire.html