Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

When I Need You
Lorelei James
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Flirting Under a Full Moon - Ashlyn Chase My Rating:3 stars: Liked it, but I had some issues - recommend (B)
Full Review: http://www.twimom227.com/2013/04/review-flirting-under-full-moon-by.html

Flirting Under a Full Moon is what I would classify as “chic-lit.” Although it is paranormal romance, the overall feel is very silly and light, the humor is more goofy than witty. At times I enjoyed this style of story-telling, but at other times, it annoyed me terribly. During what I would label “serious situations,” the story was told with cliches and goofy attitudes, which didn’t fit the seriousness of the circumstances. It's like the book is trying to be slapstick, and it just didn’t always sit well with me.

While Brandee could be sweet and smart, I generally wanted her to disappear. She came off as a stupid idiot too many times for my enjoyment. On the other hand, Nick usually acted rationally and I mostly liked him, but he too had what I would call lapses in judgement, especially when working on his cases. Together the pair had good chemistry, and while I did find them and their conversations to be either simplistic or over-the-top, they had sweet and romantic moments as well.

Overall, I liked the story but sometimes the dialogue and situations were too campy or corny for my enjoyment. At times, people or situations are introduced to create a scene but aren't important to the storyline, which generates contrived action for the sake of creating conflict. However, I liked the concept of the bar for paranormals, the idea of an all-knowing goddess in charge of everything, and the locale is entertaining. If you are open to whimsical fun, pick up Flirting Under a Full Moon.