Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

Blood Guard: A Mission Novel
Megan Erickson
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
My Wicked Nanny - Ann Mayburn My Rating:5 stars: Personal favorite - a must read (A+)
Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About

Anya Kozlov has dreams to travel to Paris to become a fashion designer, and her salary as a nanny isn’t going to get her there soon enough. Her design mentor recommended Anya take a job as a server at a private, exclusive BDSM club so she can earn the cash needed to get to Paris. After passing their extensive background checks and training, Anya is ready to start her new job. She takes the name Dove and dons a mask, keeping the “real” Anya private. However, on her first night when she sees her boss (father of the children she cares for), she’s worried her cover will be blown.

Anya has had a crush on Jesse ever since he hired her. So when he doesn’t realize who Dove truly is, Anya takes up his offer of pleasure. Although Anya wants to come clean about who Dove is, she is too afraid he’ll fire her and hate her. She struggles between her growing feelings and her desire to do what’s right.

I absolutely LOVED reading My Wicked Nanny! The combination of the couple’s budding romance, innocent love and deliciously naughty sex made this story one of my favorites. Right from the start, I was enamored with Jesse and Anya and couldn’t help but get wrapped up in their mutual attraction. I highly recommend this story to anyone who loves a sweet romance with a healthy dash of smuttiness.

My Wicked Nanny shifts the point-of-view between both Anya and Jesse, allowing the reader insight to both characters innermost feelings. This enhanced every interaction, allowing me to understand both the characters’ desires and fears, creating a deeper connection.

Anya is written perfectly. I adore her mixed emotions when at first she struggles with the knowledge that Jesse doesn't recognize her and then later when she weighs her options of how to “come clean” with Jesse. I absolutely loved her first “morning after tirade” over getting intimate with Jesse yet not revealing who she was. Her warring emotions are well detailed with a pinch of sarcasm and wit to make it incredibly entertaining.

Again, I also love the mixed feelings of Jesse when he discovered the truth about Dove. He is angry and feels betrayed, but realizes he cares for her and wants more. Then he feels she needs to be free and not tied to him and a little ashamed he didn't see it sooner. The details Ms. Mayburn pours into the characters feelings is sublime.

There is one particularly intense scene when Jesse confronts Anya over her true identity. I admire that rather than drawing out the secrecy, the couple must deal with their situation head-on. The scene had me in tears, and my heart ached for them both. It is a very well-written exchange.

In addition to the beautifully detailed emotional journey, the story is filled with intense and erotic sex scenes. This story is not for those that prefer fade to dark and behind closed doors lovemaking. This is a BDSM story and the pair learn to enjoy each other and the joys of a Master/sub relationship. They engage in rough, kinky sex because it's what they like… it's not a tool used to punish or get over any messed-up past. This quote, stolen from Jesse’s thoughts, sums it up perfectly:

"Sometimes his girl was in the mood for it rough and nasty-well, most of the time-but he also liked to make love to her.

Except he liked to make love with ropes and clamps."

In the end, I was just head-over-heels happy for Jesse and Anya. I adored their budding romance and friendship set along side their developing Master/submissive relationship. The romance is simple and sweet, and although there are a few minor complications, they are dealt with quickly, leaving any contrived drama behind. Their sex is mind-blowingly hot and kinky, but it’s the sharing of their inner-most feelings that makes My Wicked Nanny such a great story.