Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Mercy Blade: Jane Yellowrock, Book 3
Audible Studios, Faith Hunter, Khristine Hvam
Elizabeth's Wolf (A Novel of the Breeds)
Lora Leigh
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
The Reunited - Shiloh Walker My Rating: 3.5 stars: Liked it - recommend (B+)
Full Review here: http://www.twimom227.com/2013/01/review-reunited-by-shiloh-walker.html

With such a heavy topic as human trafficking, I was worried that The Reunited would be a gruesome read. However, Ms. Walker handled a very horrible topic with decorum. She didn't try to shock the reader with graphic details and images, but brought to light the horrors of the situation. She gave the seriousness of the topic respect and did not sensationalize the problems.

One thing I really liked about this case was knowing who the target was the entire time. I enjoyed the thrill of trying to take down scum and worrying about how it would all play out and if everyone would survive rather than trying to figure out who the bad guy was. The “case” part of the storyline was well done - keeping me on the edge of my seat for most of the book. Ms. Walker has a talent for suspenseful storytelling!

Joss and Dru were both extremely sensual and hot together, but also aggravatingly frustrating. Dru was in a bad place - undercover for two years. But her constant flip-flop of emotions from fearful and whiny to determined was overwhelming sometimes. And Joss was a difficult character to follow during parts of the story. He had a lot going on in his head - being “sync’d” with two agents - one that sees/hears ghosts and another who had the memories of the captive girls and Patrick himself. In addition, he kept having flashbacks... it was a lot to follow at times. When Dru and Joss were in sync with one another, they were great; however, when they were not in sync, things were awkward and not as fun to read.

Overall, another enjoyable story from Ms. Walker. Even with the bumps I experienced along the way, The Departed is an exciting journey, full of suspense, personal growth, drama, and romance. Plus, the reader was introduced to new characters, a few that I think we’ll be reading more of in the next book, The Protected, coming September 2013!