Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Villains Rule: The Shadow Master, Book 1
Amber Cove Publishing, William Gibson, Jeffrey Kafer
Elizabeth's Wolf (A Novel of the Breeds)
Lora Leigh
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
By Private Invitation - Stephanie Julian My Rating: 4.5 stars: Loved it - enthusiastically recommend (A)
Full Review HERE: http://www.twimom227.com/2013/01/review-by-private-invitation-by.html

There is just something special about By Private Invitation that captured my imagination and warmed my heart. The book is first and foremost a delightful romance. It’s a refreshing change to enjoy an erotic contemporary romance where the main characters are generally both mentally and emotionally healthy! Both Jared and Annabelle have a robust sexual appetite and make no excuses for wanting a “no strings attached” relationship. However, once they spend time with each other, they realize that there is more between them than just hot sex (and *fans self* it is HOT!)

Although they come from different backgrounds, Annabelle and Jared have much in common. I love that Jared wanted Annabelle to talk about her work and art just as much as he wanted her sexually. As the couple get to know one another, we learn that Annabelle has a pretty big secret... and I admit it took me by surprise! The reveal happens fairly early on, and the twist adds an additional layer of complexity to an already interesting tale.

Despite the fact that Annabelle’s secret plays a fairly significant roll in the story, much of the interactions between the different characters is fairly open and honest. Once of my favorite scenes is a frank discussion between Jared and his parents. In addition, both main characters are sincere with themselves as they evaluate their own feelings and the situation.

In the end, I was totally choked up during the climatic scene between Jared and Annabelle. The display of raw emotion was touching and just plain awesome. Overall, By Private Invitation is a hot, sensual story, full of great heart and a pleasure to read. It makes the list of "My Favorite Books." I cannot wait to read the next book!