Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Wolfishly Yours - Lydia Dare My Rating:4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)
Originally posted here:

After finishing reading the first book in the Hadley Brothers Trilogy, The Wolf Who Loved Me, I thought for certain we’d see dear Grayson matched with Lucy. To my wonder and delight, we are introduced to newcomer, American Liviana (Livi) Mayeux. She is shipped, against her choice, to live with the maternal grandfather she’s never met. Livi looks for every opportunity to steal her way back home to New Orleans to reunite with her Lycan brothers and father.

Upon arriving at her grandfather’s, Livi is immediately deemed unfit for the ton and requires schooling in the arts of society. Grayson’s mother, a friend of Livi’s deceased mother, is recruited to help “make Livi into a lady.” Forced to accompany his mother, Grayson is immediately struck by Livi’s beauty and her lack of lady-like charm. Soon the whole gang, including many characters from the previous books, are headed to Bath for some socialization.

I was taken with Livi immediately! She is feisty, challenging, and something that Grayson is unsure how to handle. Upon first meeting, Livi recognizes that Gray is a Lycan from his birthmark and proceeds to tell him how she has a similar mark on her thigh! I love how she makes Gray all tongue-tied. It’s an amusing and refreshing change of pace that Livi is from a Lycan family and recognizes what Gray is immediately.

Gray and Livi are a romantically beautiful pair. They are both so uncertain what to do with the other. Their feelings overwhelm them each. One of my favorite scenes was a private moment between the two, while Gray teaches Livi to dance. The interaction is sublimely wonderful and touching. My heart was racing along side Livi’s heart. She took a chance and opened up, something uncommon in many historical romances. I'm thankful that Gray didn't just blow her off. He made it clear he wants her, but they can't go that route. I ached for them both... Stuck in a society with rules with which they aren't meant to conform.

One of the other things I enjoyed in Wolfishly Yours is the banter between the brothers Hadley, Livi and Sophie. We were introduced to Sophie in the previous story, and she is a clear match for the eldest Hadley brother, Archer. The group on whole is witty and smart; their play on words and jabs are such fun. I love the brash improperness of the dialogue!

Of course, not everything goes smoothy, and things begin to look bleak for our couple. First, Gray just can’t do anything right to save his life. He is falling for Livi, but thinks he cannot court her (well, her grandfather did say to stay away). He makes so many problems for himself, including telling Livi he is being forced to marry her, when that really isn’t the truth of his heart.

To further the problems, continual misunderstandings cause for a complete breakdown in communications. I will admit that I was extremely frustrated at a couple points, and I was worried that I would get too annoyed to read. Thankfully, much to my surprise, the entire situation was handled quite well and was actually fairly riveting. Although much of the finale set up felt a bit contrived, the pieces fell into place, and I was extremely satisfied.

In the end, Wolfishly Yours was a very enjoyable read, and probably my favorite of the series to date. The shifter aspect was more pronounced in this book than the last, but the story is primarily a historical over paranormal romance. The pace was quick, action keeping the story progressing forward. Characters, both new and old, were fun. I really loved the "Moonlighting-esque" banter and that Livi isn't a proper English woman. I feel all of these features gave new life to this regency series. Finally, the romance was sweet and appropriate for period piece. Overall a wonderful addition to Ms. Dare’s long-running crossover series.