Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Black Wings - Christina Henry Black Wings is an exciting new Urban Fantasy with a new twist on some familiar mythology. The story centers on a “who’s who” list of demons and angels - but adds several new faces to create a wonderful new world full of mystery, action and adventure. Set in modern day Chicago, the story focuses on the life of Agent Madeline Black (Maddy). Agents are humans with wings who born into their job helping souls of the departed cross through to the otherside. But it’s not a romantic job - full of paperwork and schedules. Even Agents of Death have to deal with bureaucracy.

This story is full of action right from the get go, but it’s not inflated or overdone. Maddy is thrown into a world of powerful demons with intricate rules and she finds herself in many difficult situations. Luckily she has Gabriel on her side. Their relationship is sweet and sexy all at once. They have a star-crossed romance and can never be together, yet Gabriel stays by her side and together they face the threats against Maddy.

My Rating: 4 Stars. Really enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)

GIVEAWAY: I will be giving away one (1) copy of Black Wings by Christina Henry starting today. All you need to do is leave a comment at my blog to enter. Contest is open to United States residents/mailing addresses only. Contest runs until December 9, 2010 at 9:00 PM EST. Winner will be selected using random.org and announced on my blog on December 9, 2010.

To see my full review and enter the contest, please visit me at http://twimom227.blogspot.com/2010/12/review-giveaway-black-wings.html