Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Villains Rule: The Shadow Master, Book 1
Amber Cove Publishing, William Gibson, Jeffrey Kafer
Elizabeth's Wolf (A Novel of the Breeds)
Lora Leigh
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7) - Jennifer Estep My Rating: 4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)
Full Review: http://www.twimom227.com/2012/08/review-widows-web-by-jennifer-estep.html

Widow’s Web picks up only a few weeks after the conclusion of the last book, By a Thread. The opening is an amazing gut check that will leave you speechless for a couple of moments. It starts with Gin on the job - hunting her prey and preparing to take out her latest target. We learn the intricate details of how she prepared for this kill, and the scene is amazing. Ms. Estep is a masterful story teller, and she sucked me into Gin’s world so quickly.

Gin is one of my favorite heroines. She’s an assassin with a heart.  She has had so much bad in her life, that she values the good so dearly. And I love that Gin is smart. She notices everything around her, and puts pieces of the puzzle together. There is no finding a clue and then filing it away for another day. Since we are privy to her POV, we figure things out as she does. For example: Gin notices how quickly Kincaid eats and compares it to how she ate when she lived on the streets. That gives us quite a bit of information, rather than letting us figure it on our own.

In Widow's Web, we witness a more emotional, vulnerable Gin. She has a lot on the line as she debates internally how to deal with Salina and what Salina means to Owen. Ms. Estep strikes my heartstrings as she takes Gin on an emotion-filled ride with highs and lows that left me wanting more. Gin is growing past her history with Mab and onto a life that is free of revenge, which opens up so many new avenues for our heroine.

In the end, this story moves and flows. As per usual, there is lots of action and adventure. Widow’s Web has both highs and lows, and I, for one, am happy to take on both ends of the spectrum with Gin as my guide.