Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Holiday Wishes
Jill Shalvis
The Trouble with Twelfth Grave: A Novel
Darynda Jones, -Macmillan Audio-, Lorelei King
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Lethal Rider - Larissa Ione My Rating: 4.5 stars: Loved it - enthusiastically recommend (A)

Full Review found: http://www.twimom227.com/2012/05/arc-review-lethal-rider-by-larissa-ione.html

Lethal Rider opens roughly 8 months after the exciting conclusion of the second Lords of Deliverance book, Immortal Rider. We are quickly brought up to speed on the state of Regan Matthews, long-time Aegis demon hunter who is 8 months pregnant with the child of the fourth Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Thanatos aka Death. He is hell-bent on revenge until he finds out she is carrying his child, after which Than experiences an array of emotions and isn’t certain which direction he should take.

First of all... I LOVED this book. I tell you, each subsequent book of Ms. Ione’s series gets better. The opening chapters of Lethal Rider are superb. The story seamlessly moves into the next phase of the story while bringing the reader up to speed on pertinent events from the previous book.  The details from the past are woven into this story in a manner that doesn't seem intrusive.

Regan and Than have a lot to overcome, and it’s not a smooth ride. She was brought up to hate demons and although she knows they aren’t all bad, it’s still tough for her to trust in and believe them. Than... well, he’s an immortal half angel-half demon, and harbinger of death. He lead a celibate life for roughly 5,000 years, believing if he had sex, his seal would break and he would become the demon, Death. He is alternately lusting after and admiring Regan, then hating her for her part in his “deflowering.” I will say that I felt sorry for both characters - my heart ached because I felt that they were both victims, and they were both hurt by the situation. I felt that there slow journey to love was well-played and extremely sensual.

Although this is Regan and Than’s story, the supporting characters all play significant rolls. Pestilence, the first Horseman and only sibling to turn evil, is gaining power and control over the Earth. There are also a wide array of characters that will continue to be significant in the next book. Some of the Aegis brethren are of particular interest. Plus we have the heavenly watchers Reaver and Harvester... knowing that Reaver’s book is coming out after the final Lords of Deliverance, I am already putting pieces of the puzzle together trying to figure out what will happen. Finally there is an unknown “baddie,” someone helping Pestilence, and WOW - will there be some fall out in the next book.

In conclusion, Lethal Rider truly is the best book yet from the series. The story had me on the edge of my proverbial seat almost the whole book. The plot was fantastic, the twists and turns suspenseful, and there is still so much to be resolved. I can only imagine where Ms. Ione will take us from here!