Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
A Bid For Love - K.T. Grant My Rating: 3.5 stars: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)

Tony and Reese have been neighbors for a few years, both men are completely hung up on and attracted to the other. However, neither is willing to make the first move, that is until Reese decides he will take a chance. But his flirting doesn’t get far, and poor Tony is completely tongue-tied. When a mutual acquaintance offers Reese a way into Tony’s bed (and hopefully his heart), Reese jumps at the chance for love.

This was my first 1 Night Stand (1NS) novella and the second novella I’ve read by KT Grant. I am impressed with her ability to create intimate romances in such a short space. The characters are real enough, relatable on some level, and don't require lots of background and superfluous details to enjoy the story. We know these two men long for each other, and Ms. Grant is able to quickly build the need and frustration.

For those wondering, each 1NS story is independent, using a somewhat mysterious character, Madame Evangeline, as a match maker with a 100% track record in finding the perfect long-term mate. In this book it's a suitable vehicle used to get the men together in a fairly short span.

I adored Tony and Reece. They both were a bit shy, but once together, passion explodes. And wow--there are some completely sexy scenes involving a hot tub! At times I thought that Tony was too hung up on the age difference and the fact he was tricked into the date. I felt like he was determined to see the relationship fail before giving it a chance. I also question the need for such an elaborate set up to bring them together, however it added tension and fun to the novella, and in the end--it all worked.

A Bid For Love is a delightful, sexy romance. I enjoyed the overall story and recommend it for a quick, entertaining read.