Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
By a Thread - Jennifer Estep My Rating: 4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)
Full Review here: http://www.twimom227.com/2012/03/review-by-thread.html

I could go on and on about the plot of By a Thread because it was such a fun story. It had all the right elements - action, love, intrigue - but what I adored most was that we watched Gin’s relationships with her sister, Bria, and her lover, Owen, grown and deepen. By the end of the book I had tears in my eyes because of the emotional bonding I witnessed.

However, let me back up a little here. This book is action packed! I was literally skipping words to find out what was going to happen next - I could not read fast enough. I was often on edge, sometimes even mentally “covering my eyes” because I was continually waiting for something else to go wrong with Gin.

As I said earlier, although a thrilling ride, the best parts of this book are the emotional pieces which stirred my heart. I loved the little nuggets and memories from Gin’s deceased foster father, Fletcher. In addition, Ms. Estep does a superb job portraying Gin's longing to be close with her sister. In opening scenes when she travels with Bria to Blue Sands--it was heart breaking. I could feel Gin's self-doubt and her desire for her sister's love.

This was my first full-length Elemental Assassins book, but I easily jumped right in. Gin reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: sometimes the battle is hers alone to fight; she wants to help others; she has a good heart. I loved how Gin really came into her own and accepted who she is and what she does. I think you will too!