Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

Blood Guard: A Mission Novel
Megan Erickson
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
The Darkest Seduction (Hqn) - Gena Showalter My Rating: 4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)
Full review here: http://www.twimom227.com/2012/02/review-darkest-seduction.html

My head is still spinning after reading this 500 plus page story. I, like many, have been waiting for Paris’s story for a very long time. We met his “HEA” back in the second Lords of the Underworld book, The Darkest Kiss. That was a long time ago and poor Paris has been to hell and back - searching for Sienna’s spirit, giving into and battling his ambrosia addition, fighting and killing anyone (especially Hunters) that got in his way. We’ve had book after book of the degradation of Paris, and now it’s finally his time. I have a lot to say about this book, so if you want all the details, please visit my blog http://www.twimom227.com/2012/02/review-darkest-seduction.html

The first half or so of this book is dedicated to detail and background - fitting the pieces in place for the rest of the tale. Paris isn't quite the same ruined man he has been of late. He's kicked his ambrosia addiction, and although he is still killing and is violent, he's focused on finding Sienna. His friends still support him which indicates he hasn't gone too far into the deep end.

Sienna seems like a lost child. She still seems so innocent. But she'll put her own life on the line to protect those she cares about. She is trapped and nearly broken by Cronus, but when Paris arrives, her internal drive kicks into high gear. I really like Sienna.

Did I mention that there is a lot going on in this book, other than Paris/Sienna and the battle with Cronus and Rhea? There are a few side stories, that in my opinion could have been cut to shorten the length of the book. This is my biggest issue with The Darkest Seduction -- there is just too much going on.

The Darkest Seduction is a romance, and the love story at the heart of this book was perfect for me. Paris and Sienna are a quintessential match. Even the angels, who sought to keep them apart, agree that Paris and Sienna complement each other perfectly. I adore the time that they take to become friends and learn about each other. And the smex (per usual Showalter fashion) is smokin’!

In the end, yes, there were things that bugged me about this book. I have listed a few, and there were others. BUT the overall storyline and romance at the center of the book far outweigh my nit-picking criticisms. The current story arc ends, and we are left with a few surprising twists that change up the game and pave the way for more LotU books and the spinoff Angels of the Dark series. I enjoyed the ride with all the bumps and detours, and look forward to continuing the journey!