Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

When I Need You
Lorelei James
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
The Christmas Fantasy - K.T. Grant My Rating: 4.5 stars: Loved it - enthusiastically recommend (A)

Just days before her thirtieth birthday, Mandy, together with her BFF Jessica, head to her brother’s annual party to try and get some action. Both women have worked hard over the past six years to slim down and get healthy. They are taking their “new” bodies and attitudes in hopes of getting laid. Mandy seems to have a head on her shoulders and knows she wants the one man she’s lusted after for years: her brother’s best friend, Jackson. On the other hand, Jessica wants Mandy’s brother, who has a semi-serious (albeit skanky) girlfriend and won’t listen to Mandy when she tells Jessica to look elsewhere.

Ms. Grant does an amazing job capturing the sights and sounds of a 20-something party scene. I swear, I felt that I was back in college just reading this short story. The atmosphere of the party was spot on, although I'd gotten over that by 30, I know many others who haven’t.

Mandy seemed more like an early twenty-something girl, but if she spent her teens and twenties hiding because of her weight, her insecurities and somewhat naive attitude towards Jackson make sense. I also felt that the interactions between Jessica and Mandy were spot on given their backgrounds: still fearful, supportive yet critical and/or competitive. But in the end, they are there for each other.

Jackson and Mandy's first kiss was HOT! It was sweet and perfect: just like a first kiss should be. Characters like Jackson remind me of why I'm a hopeless romantic and give me hope that there are real men out there that are this awesome!

The Christmas Fantasy is the perfect holiday treat to lift your spirits and enjoy a little love.  What a feel good, wonderful little tale. Loved it!!