Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Legs (One Wild Wish, #1)
Kelly Siskind
A Plague of Giants
Deutschland Random House Audio, Kevin Hearne, Xe Sands, Luke Daniels
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
How to Worship a Goddess - Stephanie Julian My Rating: 3.5 stars: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)
Full Review: http://www.twimom227.com/2011/12/review-how-to-worship-goddess.html

I was drawn into Lucy and Brandon’s story right from the start. The “lust/love at first site” trope worked for this story, and I didn’t feel like they rushed into things. I was glad that the characters didn’t find ways to drive apart their bond. The two “share their love” *wink* often - and aggressively, at times. Ms. Julian is an expert author of steamy smex scenes.

There were some interesting twists that I would have liked to have had more details flushed out for me. One involves a Lucani named Catene. This young woman was surrounded in mystery for almost the entire book, and once it was revealed why, I wanted to know more. I wonder if she’ll make another appearance in this series, or if she’ll become the focus in the Lucani Lovers series. Also, I wanted more interaction with Brand’s parents - I feel like there was no closure on that end.

Overall, I enjoyed How to Worship a Goddess and most certainly will continue reading this series. I have many questions about this little known (to me) pantheon, and I look forward to finding out where Ms. Julian will take her goddesses next.