Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Terminal Alliance: Janitors of the Post-Apocalypse Series, Book 1
Tantor Audio, Jim C. Hines, Rebecca Mitchell
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Immortal Rider  - Larissa Ione My Rating: 4.5 stars: Loved it - enthusiastically recommend (A)
Full review at blog: http://www.twimom227.com/2011/12/review-immortal-rider.html

Immortal Rider is the second book of Ms. Ione’s Demonica Series spin-off series, Lords of Deliverance. This series tells of the pending apocalypse by following the Four Horsemen as they struggle to maintain a balance between good and evil. Immortal Rider focuses on the only female rider, Limos, aka Famine.

As events unfold and our hero and heroine are brought together, I am amazed at the intricacy of the storyline and richness of the characters. Ms. Ione has added a whole new level onto her already amazing Demonica world. And unlike the first book, Eternal Rider, there isn’t a steep learning curve in Immortal Rider, so the book is less confusing and a smoother read.

One thing I love about this story is that the players are gritty and raw - even the heroes/heroines aren’t always good. This gives the characters complexity and intensity. Also, Arik and Limos are HOT. If you haven’t had the pleasure of reading any of Ms. Ione’s work... Well, have a fan, ice water, cold shower, etc. near by. But it’s not all about the hot smex (really, it’s not!). The bonds created around these two characters heightens the emotional satisfaction and HEA conclusion.

There really wasn’t much I didn’t enjoy about this story. I highly recommend Immoral Rider to all paranormal fans... but I do suggest you start with Eternal Rider first.