Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Angels of Darkness - Ilona Andrews, Sharon Shinn, Nalini Singh,  Meljean Brook “Angel’s Wolf” by Nalini Singh (Guild Hunters Story)

Summary: Noel was a vampire of power and position within Archangel Raphael elite team. After an unspeakable act of violence left Noel shattered, he recovered physically, but not emotionally. He is sent to work for angel Nimra, who has a traitor in her midst. Once together, the two develop a close friendship and maybe something more.

Twimom’s Take: Noel and Nimra are both strong (and feared) individuals who hide emotional scars from the world around them. I enjoyed watching their romance develop - it was very sweet for such fierce characters. There is great plot movement and character development, with a mystery at the core of the story. “Angel’s Wolf” is a lovely romance and a great introduction to Ms. Singh’s Guild Hunters for anyone that has yet to pick up the books. The characters are not part of the other stories, and there are no spoilers for the primary storyline.

Rating: 4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)

“Ascension” by Meljean Brook (Guardians Story)

Summary: Marc Revoire is one of the chosen Guardians, a man who sacrificed his life to save another, then given angelic-like abilities to come back and protect humans from demons and evil. While searching for a demon in a small town, he is surprised to find fellow Guardian, Radha, who is “on vacation.” The two share a past, but haven’t spoken in over a hundred years. Will they be able to move past their old mistakes in order to have a future?

Twimom’s Take: Although this is a romantic short, the mystery of what is going on in this small town takes center stage. Marc senses the evil of a demon corrupting a small town. The local vampire community is being killed off and the Guardians must figure out what is going on. I enjoyed following the pair as they evaluated each clue, eliminating suspects and narrowing down solutions. The story flows and there is no need to have read any of the other Guardian books to enjoy this one. Marc and Radha’s romance is more about re-igniting a deep passion they both have, and learning to let go of youthful mistakes from their past.

Rating: 4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)