Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Save a Truck, Ride a Redneck (Southern Eclectic Book 1)
Molly Harper
A Plague of Giants
Deutschland Random House Audio, Kevin Hearne, Xe Sands, Luke Daniels
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
The Darkest Surrender - Gena Showalter Full Review at: http://www.twimom227.com/2011/09/review-darkest-surrender.html

My Rating:4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)

The first thing I want to say about The Darkest Surrender is WOO-HOO!! I am a huge fan of LotU, and felt the last two books have been mediocre. So it is with great pleasure for me to say GENA IS BACK! Surrender gets back to the basics, and showcases all that I adore about this great series. HUMOR, check. SEXY HERO, check. KICK-ASS HEROINE, check. FUN PLOT, check. LOTS OF ACTION & SMEX, check, check! Fans of this series will not be disappointed!

Kaia and Strider are perfect for each other! Both are egotistical and funny, each thinks that they are at the top of the food chain, and both have the skills to prove it. Right from the start, I was chuckling out loud at Kaia's wit and humor. Strider is equally entertaining. He refers to his demon, Defeat, as "dude," calls himself Stridey-Monster, and makes quips like "Don't forget Mission One. The Rod -- and not the one in your pants."  Together the two have amazing chemistry, and they are just plain fun.

The primary story of Kaia and the harpy games provides for moments of intense (and bloody) action. However, it also creates a platform for the reader to witness Kaia's true courage. She has been scarred by her past and abandoned by all of her kind. Although she has doubts, she manages to dust herself off when knocked down. She is feisty, but knows when to lie low - even if she chooses not to!

Darkest Surrender is a fantastic addition to one of my favorite series. Ms. Showalter does a great job of weaving a tale without telling you the facts. Although a newcomer could enjoy this as a stand alone, I highly recommend you start at the beginning!