Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Love Me By Christmas
Jaci Burton
The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Never Been Bit - Lydia Dare My Rating: 3.5 stars: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)

You can find my full review on my blog: http://www.twimom227.com/2011/09/review-never-been-bit.html

I have been looking forward to reading Never Been Bit ever since the dramatic conclusion of It Happened One Bite when Alec was transformed into a vampyre. It was done to save his life; however Alec found little happiness in continuing forward without hope and love in his life. Alec spent years pining for Cait, only to have her marry another so now he feels he has no chance of ever becoming human again like others of his kind. (A vampyre that finds true love will become human.) Sorcha, on the other hand, is a sweet and innocent young thing. She has spirit and determination and causes those around her to smile and enjoy life a bit more.

As someone who has read the series, I have to say I was a bit put off by how badly Alec had changed. The introduction of Delia, Browning and Tillie (associates from the “gentlemen’s club”) seemed almost contrived to create conflict for Alec and Sorcha. However, I was able to look past it, even when Delia was found in Alec’s bed. I was also frustrated with Alec’s continued disbelief that he would never find love. The author did a good job of building his case, but maybe it’s just the hopeless romantic in me - I felt that once he realized he didn’t love Cait, that he would have hope for himself.

Overall, the story was entertaining and a fitting conclusion for the series. And I am hopeful for more stories based on the ending of Never Been Bit (which was adorable and I enjoyed it!)