Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

When I Need You
Lorelei James
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Body of Sin - Eve Silver Full review here: http://www.twimom227.com/2011/08/review-body-of-sin.html

My Rating: 3.5 stars: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)

The first three books of the Otherkin Series together tell the tale of three sons of the Egyptian underworld god, Sutekh and their quest to discover the identity of their youngest brother’s, Lokan, murder.  If you haven’t read the first three books in the series, you may want to stop reading here, because this review contains SPOILERS from the first three books.

Body of Sin starts up immediately after the conclusion of the third book when we discovered that Lokan’s murder was none other than his own father, Sutekh. This left the underworld in a bit of an uproar.

I delighted in how the beginning of the story alternated POV from present day Lokan, present day Bryn, and past Lokan/Bryn. The flashback POVs gives the reader great insight into the development of Lokan and Bryn’s love over the course of seven years while caring for their daughter. Each present day section left on a mini-cliffhanger and kept me reading to the next section to find out what was going to happen.

Once Lokan and Bryn are united in the underworld, the story took on a different tone - no more flashbacks, just the need to survive the tests presented to the couple as the made their way out of the underworld. Their romance was sweet, but I felt that Bryn’s efforts to be honest with Lokan while still hiding the truth of her bargain was overplayed a bit too often.

I was completely satisfied with the conclusion. Although there were hints throughout the book as the to outcome (and I guessed pretty much all of it), there were still some nice surprises. I hope that Ms. Silver isn’t finished with this series, because I think that Bryn’s three mysterious brothers, Boone, Jack and Cahn deserve stories of their own!

This is an enjoyable take on the Egyptian mythology, filled with adventure and romance. I highly recommend starting with the first book, Sins of the Heart so you can enjoy the entire exciting ride!