Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Love Me By Christmas
Jaci Burton
The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Deeper Than Midnight - Lara Adrian Deeper Than Midnight features the romantic coupling of Corinne and Hunter. She was held prisoner by the evil Draco for 75 years, subject to his ungodly breeding experiments. He is the outcome of said experiments, but escaped Draco’s lair for freedom with the Order. Knowing all of this, it is understandable when I tell you that their romance took a long time to develop. At almost halfway through the book there was still no spark between the couple - other than a heated glance.

When the sparks finally do fly, it was tender and HOT. Even though I felt nothing from this couple until that point, I found myself jumping into their emerging passion with both feet (and a fan to cool me off). Their scenes were really well put together, and Ms. Adrian created a smooth transition from the timid and fearful couple to one that was ready to move forward with a physical relationship.

However, the love story took a back seat to the action with Chase and the overall, series-spanning story arc involving Draco. The book ended with an stunning cliff hanger, and all I can say is that I am COUNTING the days until I can get my hands on the next book. And even though the featured couple wasn’t as prominent as I would have liked, I enjoyed the other pieces of the story so very much.

My Rating: Enjoyed - 4 Stars - strongly recommend (A-)j

FOR MY FULL REVIEW, please visit my blog: http://twimom227.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-deeper-than-midnight.html