Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Rewritten (The Bound Series Book 8)
Bronwyn Green
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
In the Heat of the Bite - Lydia Dare The second book of Lydia Dare’s Regency Vampyre Series picks up shortly after the conclusion of It Happened One Bite (review HERE) with Matthew Halkett, the Earl of Blodswell, discovering Coig Witch, Rhiannon Sinclair in the middle of a self-made rain storm. Blodswell, a 650-year-old vampyre, is a valiant knight with a history significant with the Coig, and was a featured prominently in the last Regency story as the maker of Lord Kettering. Rhi is one of the five “sister witches” of the Coig from Edinburgh, Scotland. She has ventured to London to visit her younger sister, who is living with their Aunt Greer.

The story was another enjoyable regency piece. Rhi is another strong woman who surrounds herself with close friends and a strong support network. Although she is young, she doesn’t allow others to push her around. I love her interactions with mentor, Duchess of Hythe, who deserves her own backstory - she’s a feisty one! I also love how the Duchess doesn’t take crap from any of the Hadley Brothers (Lycan) or the “evil step-motherish” Aunt Greer.

I fell for Blodswell in the last book and couldn’t wait to read his story. While I had hoped for more backstory and his detailed history, I still felt it was a satisfying and enjoyable tale. Blodswell was a true gentleman, caring for Rhi’s welfare above his own. Good thing Rhi wouldn’t let him get away with that! And *phew* were they HOT together! I enjoyed their forbidden rendezvous quite a lot. Their romance was innocent, yet sizzling.

One thing I will suggest for new readers is to jot down notes to keep track of the characters because there are a lot. And when you toss in the fact that some characters have both given names and titles, it can get confusing. All-in-all another fun, romantic tale from Lydia Dare. I enjoy the paranormal spin on a regency romance. For me, each story in this series gets a bit better and more enjoyable.

My Rating: 4 Stars (A-)

My full review can be found here: http://twimom227.blogspot.com/2011/07/review-in-heat-of-bite.html