Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Rewritten (The Bound Series Book 8)
Bronwyn Green
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Shadow Walker - Allyson James AH! I cannot stop talking about how much I adore this wonderful (still fairly new) series by Allyson James! For those not familiar, the series followers half-Navajo Janet Begay, a Stormwalker who can bend the power of storms to her will. Oh, and she also is the daughter of an evil goddess who has passed on dangerous Beneath magic to Janet. She lives in a small Arizona town, owns a quaint hotel, has a ridiculously hot and sweet boyfriend, Mick, and trouble seems to follow Janet where ever she goes.

The third story picks up shortly after the end of the second book and opens with Janet finding herself in danger once again when she plummets to the bottom of a sinkhole while being tailed by Sheriff Nash Jones for speeding. Janet finds herself under attack from dozens of mysterious petroglyphs and once again, she finds herself at the center of another dangerous mystery.

One thing I love about this story is that Janet has matured. She has always been a mighty kick-ass heroine, but by now she has gone through many trials, including saving the world, and she is embracing all of her magic - even the dark Beneath magic. The overall plot of the third book is another fantastic mystery. This time, Janet needs to find out why an evil witch, a Shadow Walker, wants to claim Janet’s hotel, how her evil “sister” (same goddess mom) is involved, and how to save Mick from potential enslavement, all while entertaining 2 dragon shifters who would rather kill Mick than allow others to be enslaved, and her grandmother who is keeping secrets with the cook while sending Janet’s one big ally, the trickster god, Coyote on errands. Janet has her hands full, but she never gives up. I love that she gets frustrated and mad, and she may fall and fail. But in the end, her beliefs and inner-strength, along with the support of her friends, keep Janet going.

Finally, I have to reiterate how important the supporting cast of characters is in the function and enjoyment of the book(s). There are several, but each is written so organically that every one has his/her place and is an important cog in the machinery of this series. No matter what I write in this review, I cannot give justice to this story or series. Ms. James has created an amazing world with such intricate details and comprehensive characters.

My Rating: 5 Stars. Please visit my blog to read my full review: http://twimom227.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-shadow-walker.html