Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Love Me By Christmas
Jaci Burton
The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) - J.R. Ward Okay, so yes... Black Dagger Brotherhood is crack. If you haven’t started the series, please don’t start with this book. Yes, you could jump in here, but you won’t have the emotional ties to the characters that the rest of us addicts have and you won’t be drawn into the story from the first page. With that said... here are some of my thoughts about Lover Unleashed (see my blog for full review).

I will admit, although I was unsure of Manny and Payne together because there was no set up for the two of them in prior books, I was anxious to read the ninth installment of the series. And yes, it was going to be very hard to top Lover Mine - a story that I waited to read for 5 books. For those that have read the series, we have previously met both characters. Manny was Doc Jane’s boss and friend - we really got to know him in V’s book, Lover Unbound (book #5). Payne is the twin sister of Vishous and we saw her primarily in Lover Mine as the sparing partner of the King Vampire, Wrath.

JR Ward has a way of bringing out my emotions with the simplest of stories. For example, she retells Doc Jane’s death through Manny’s point of view and I was in tears. Ward has me so wrapped up in her characters that I feel so much for them. She has created a world that I want to experience, even if the story isn’t perfect.

Although this was “Manny and Payne’s book,” the heart of the story belonged to Vishous. Ward finally let V shine and have the story he should have had several books ago. She let him hit bottom and there was a point in the book where V turned his back on Jane and my heart just ached. I felt the play between the V and Jane was well done. BUT with that said... I had a tough time with the speed and depth of V’s “recovery.” I appreciate what Butch did for him, but I was hard for me to believe this Brother could make such a significant turn around after only one night.

All in all, I have to admit I still thoroughly enjoyed Lover Unleashed. Yes, it seems like I have several issues with the story, but I was able to look past them all for the most part and just enjoy being back in Caldwell. I felt that this story flowed a lot better than the choppy telling in Lover Mine. I completely swooned over the Qhuinn-Blay-Saxton subplot and cannot wait for the Qhay book/novella. I can forgive Ward for a lot because I love the Brotherhood and relish anytime I can spend with them.

My Rating:

3.5 stars: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)

BUT ONLY FOR THOSE THAT HAVE
READ THE ENTIRE SERIES.

PLEASE SEE MY BLOG http://twimom227.blogspot.com starting 4/6/2011 for my full review.